Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Blackberry Playbook cannot connect to Blackberry Desktop Software

My Playbook cannot seem to connect to Blackberry Desktop software.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, etc.  Followed some ideas on here but to not luck.  The computer seems to see the PlayBook but not the software.  Any thoughts?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Blackberry Playbook cannot connect to Blackberry Desktop Software

What windows ir mac os version.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Windows Vista

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16G
My Carrier: Bell

Make sure your WIFI connection is turned off when you try to connect through  USB. It can't handle being a network device and a USB device at the same time.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same issue.  I have turned off the WIFI and bluetooth and still nothing...I have uninstalled desktop mananger and reinstalled it twice, changed the cables a few times and still nothing.  Any one else have any ideas?

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16G
My Carrier: Bell

Did you install the Blackberry Windows drivers as well? I couldn't connect originally so I downloaded the drivers but that didn't work. Then I read that WIFI had to be turned off so I did that and it connected right away but it might not have worked without the driver install. All I know is the combination worked.  I don't think it could be the USB cable unless your Playbook wasn't able to install it's software when you first connected it. If it did then it can't be the cable.