Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Omnitel

Blackberry Playbook charging/connecting problem

Hello everyone,

I recently got myself a Blackberry Playbook, I have it for like 3 weeks already. Never encountered any problems, everything runs smoothly, no errors, etc. Yesterday I charged the tablet fully, everything was fine. Today I noticed that battery is around 30%, so I decided to charge it again, because I was planning on using it later. Plugged it in my original Blackberry wall charger, and nothing came up - I mean, the device didn't show that it was charging, battery icon didn't change, percentage never got up as well. My first thought was that the cable is messed up, so I plugged my Blackberry 9700 in to test it, and it was working properly. Then I tried to connect my Playbook to my PC, just to make sure. This time I used a different USB cable. When I plugged it in my PC, nothing happened as well - neither Playbook, or my PC seemed to do anything. On PC it doesn't show up, which means Playbook is not conected, and the tablet itself stands still as well - screen doesn't lit up, battery wont charge, it doesn't show the "connected to computer" screen.

What seems to be the problem? I tried restarting the tablet with/without plugged in charger, tried hard reseting it, nothing seems to work. I've heard about so-called 'stack charging", but I don't think that's the case, since my Playbook is not dead (yet- got about 30 % left) .

I cant do a security wipe either 9read somewhere that it may help), because it requires network connection, and I'm living in a zone without any Wifi around (it does suck, I know).

So what do you think guys? Any suggestions? I doubt that the USB port is damaged, because it's a new device, and from what I see, every contact seems intact.

By the way, my OS version is 2.1.0.1526, and no, I haven't done any software updates.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help, I really appreciate it!

p.s. excuse my English, it's not my native language 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9650 verizon, v5
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Re: Blackberry Playbook charging/connecting problem

please help my black keep rebooting and it wint startup till battery dies. it can be charged by pc but no sign of detection when plugged with USB cord to any pc.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Usb to usb..computer to playbook does not have enough power to charge..must use the wall plug charger..on mini usb plug, make sure the Backberry logo is facing up...do not let BB to fall below 10 percent

Gene
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook WIFI
My Carrier: WIFI

I made a similar post with same problem. What's going on with the playbooks? They seem to die in the user's hands?? And I am not talking of some 'do not usb to charge' problem, ok? So who of the BB guys is no to offer a solution? No more hassles, just a solution or at least a clear statement.