Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry Playbook not working properly

Hello. I am a blackberry playbook user... I bought this product through Amazon in the USA, right now I'm living in Barcelona, Spain and lately my playbook hasn't been working properly, I've been having two issues: the first one is the camera is not working... Sometimes after I restart the playbook and open the camera right away I get this message:"The camera is in use. Close any other instances of the camera and try again" sometimes it just shows a blacks screen when I open the app, the other problem is the power button, I always use the stand by mode because its easy to access... The power button does work... Because when I press it the screen goes black (like its supposed to do) but when I press it again the screen does nothing, just stays black... Sometimes sliding my finger from one side of the frame makes it come back to life... But mostly it doesn't and I have to force a reset by pressing the power button and volume up button together but it takes a very long time to boot up. About the screen shots, I've tried pressing the volume up and down buttons while the playbook is in standby... And even though the volume is high it doesn't make the "click" sound it used to do. I believe this is related to the camera problem I talked about before. Please help, my playbook's warranty is valid since I bought it about five months ago, but I've searched on the internet to see where I can apply it in any store here in Spain... If I need to send it over to the USA I will! I just need this problems solved! Could you just tell me what to do, point me in the right direction... My playbook's serial code is 1343-9772-0948. Please answer back! I've tried everything from forums to visiting blackberry's website.

If you need any more information just reply, I am desperate to fix this.
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Playbook not working properly

Please Help! Anything, I really need to fix this!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Alex,
To start the PlayBook from the power button, hold the button down for about 5 or 6 seconds. The red light should flash and the PlayBook should boot up. It will take about 4 minutes to get to the home screen if it is on battery power. If it is connected to the charger, the restart time is substantially shorter, maybe a minute or so.

To reset the Operating System, do the three button reset. This will get rid of any glitches that might be present. To do this reset hold down the power button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot.

Camera problem - If you have installed any Apps that relate to the camera system, delete them, do a reboot and try the camera again.

Screen Shots can be done by holding down both volume buttons at the same time. The screen shot appears in the Pictures directory.

Try some of these suggestions and report back.
New Contributor

Thank you very much for replying! I tried everything you said even deleted every phto edting app I had and any other app related to the camera and the problem continues... About the power button.. I did the three button reset just as you explained and still the screen does not react when in stand by mode... Again thanks for your concern and if there's anything else you think might help.. Just reply!
Forums Veteran I

What country do you live?
New Contributor

Spain!
Forums Veteran I

RIM's only Spanish Centre. Give them a call.

Edificio Ofipinar 10th Floor
Calle Caleruega 102-104
28033 Madrid
Spain
New Contributor

Thank you very much! I will... Let you know..
New Contributor

So... Turns out RIM does have a centre in Madrid, but it doesn't have a call centre, in Europe the only call centre there is, is in UK, so i guess i'll have to call them... Any other suggestions? Thank you.