Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Blackberry Playbook update to BB10?

Enygma wrote:

@Jarviser said "There is no such thing as an internal beta."

Funny that. That is a term a BB employee used when talking to me. Semantics aside, BB has not released a Beta to anyone outside the company for the Z10 prior to releasing the latest update. I suspect the same is true for the BB10 coming to the PlayBook.

It does not surprise me that a team who don't understand beta testing would pass that misinformation to you.

The wiki definition below is one I have understood for many years in software development. Note the words "external" "out side the team" and "public" and "users"

Beta testing

Beta testing comes after alpha testing and can be considered a form of external user acceptance testing. Versions of the software, known as beta versions, are released to a limited audience outside of the programming team. The software is released to groups of people so that further testing can ensure the product has few faults or bugs. Sometimes, beta versions are made available to the open public to increase the feedback field to a maximal number of future users.

My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, anything Wiki is far from authoritative.  I can find another definition which differs from the one at Wiki and does not involve the element of "external to the company":

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/beta+test

Wiki goes to great pains to make it quite clear that their goal is to be informative rather than authoritative. This is also why Wiki material cannot be referenced in academic circles.

This is the last post I will be making on the subject as it is departing from the point of the thread.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Read and absorb my post again.

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

What is the status of the Blackberry Playbook being updated to OS10? OS10 has the best user experience over iOS and Android IMHO.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

playbook does not have 2 gig of memory to run it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

BB announced last fall there will NO more development on the PlayBook. So it is now an orphaned machine and with the shrinking activity on this forum the PB is almost dead.