Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 449028212425

Blackberry Playbook, won't fully boot

Hello,

First I'd like to mention that I have been looking through the forums and couldn't find my exactly problem so I thought I would explain it and hope for the best.

I received this Playbook last Fall ( Canadian Thanksgiving) and I have been using it regularly with no issues until last Friday.  

Long story short, I woke up, checked my Playbook, it was showing ~68% charge which normally would be fine for what I do, but I was going away this weekend and wanted it fully charged, I plug it into the USB charger on my desktop (the charger is the original) and went to work (8am) I get home at 12:30pm and go to turn on the playbook.

Now, here is where it gets strange, the red LED lights up briefly (10secs at most) then goes dark, after a brief wait the screen lights up with "Blackberry Playbook" in white text on a black screen that slowly changes to the colorful cloud looking screen, it normally in my case would start blue and shift colors until it's red/orange then the main screen with icons would appear, but it doesn't get past the green phase when it will go black again.

In point form my symptoms.

- Push power on button

-Red LED lights up for ~10sec then off

-Screen powers on with white "BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK" on black screen

-Colors appear starting blue then shifting to green then kills Playbook again.

I have attempted holding the 3 buttons on top + power button but no effect.

I have attempted to unbrick via Blackberry Desktop Manager, had hope for this one, while attempting to factory reset the unit, the Green LED remains lit while the program is downloading the new files, but it is unable to connect to the Playbook to finish and times out.

Any assistance is appreciated in this matter.

Cheers.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Blackberry Playbook, won't fully boot

yikes!

Maybe this article has some steps you haven't tried:

http://blackberryempire.com/how-to-fix-a-bricked-playbook/

Have you see this link?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/debrick-method-OS-2/m-p/1610751#M29969

Sounds like you've seen this one:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/playbook-frozen/td-p/1023451

The tablet is out of warranty, but maybe there is a chance telephone support can give a few tips but use this as last resort:

1-877-644-8410

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: no one

Re: Blackberry Playbook, won't fully boot

I am having the same problem. Though, I can get access to my playbook if I hook it up to my computer but if I shut it down or the battery dies and I dont have a computer to get it back. I am hooped. Let me know if you find a solution.