Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook - OS Version 1.0.5.2342 - Build ID 47935
My Carrier: N/A

Blackberry Tablet Update 1.0.5.2342 BUG

Just discovered a bug with the new update - Blackberry Tablet OS Version 1.0.5.2342

I only tested this with these apps so far...

If you have deleted the Slacker Radio App, then check for updates, it will come back saying Update available Version 1.0.5.2342 - Size 1 MB

Then download the update, the App will re-apprear, with no new updates available.  If you delete the ONF NFB app

and  then check for updates, it will come back indicating - Update available - same version - different Size - 2 MB this time.

Then download the update, after the reboot the app re-appears. Check for new updates, no new updates...

If you delete both apps then check, the update size will come back indicating 4 MB, then the same thing happens again, they re-appear after the reboot.  Also delete icons on the home screen will increase the size of the update.

My question is, is this a bug or diliberate programming?  eitherway can you please fix this.

Thank you, I still love the playbook! regardless...

bnekid

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Tablet Update 1.0.5.2342 BUG

hi, yes unfortunaly when you delete a app the "update available "/  the only thing you can do is to load the update and let the app on your PlayBook, cause there is no way to delete the "update available " option on the PlayBook