Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: rogers

Blackberry Tablet will not charge!!!

I unplugged my playbook from the charger yesterday, it died shortly there after and now it appears it will not charge?? Anything I can do or is it toast? I would love to email customer service for advice as too where I should take the tablet to have it repaired or at least some advice as to what should be done? Any ideas????

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Tablet will not charge!!!

When you plug it in does the LED on the front of the device come on or change color, etc?

I'd suggest trying a different USB cable if you can, just in case the issue is related to the cable and not the device. Otherwise if it's under warranty you should take it back to where you bought it.

If it isn't under warranty and won't charge, it might be time to consider another tablet. I wouldn't recommend another Playbook though....
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: rogers

no LED at all. Tried both the USB and the wall plug, and the wall plug for my wifes phone. NODDA.... a new playbook may be hard to come by with the current state of RIM.
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

To be honest I wouldn't suggest another Playbook unless there's a specific function you simply can't live without.

The iPad Mini is an excellent option IMO.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a