Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Blackberry does not charge

I have recently joined the forum. I have a peculiar problem.

5 days back , I put my Play book for charging, it was indicating that charging is going ON. First the red blinker apeared and then green blinker was flashing ON and OFF. After two hours I checked and found that battery has not charged at all. It was showing 14% charge before charging and after 2 hours of charging it was still at 14 %.

I tried charging with Blackberry Power ON condion and the battery sqare indicated a mark inside battery charge box indicating it is charging. After 3 hours it was i did not charge but lost some charge and showed 13%.

I tried various combination like changing charging cable, charger, power socket etc with Power ON and Power OFF cndition of Play book. Each time all indication of charging are visible but battery does not charge.

I connected with USB cable to Desk top computer. I am able to connect to Device manager and load or delete files, but batery does not charge even with USB connected. In all trials I am slowly loosing charge and currently I am left with 3% charge on batteries.

I am still been able to operate play book which is functioning normally. But soon I will loose all charge on battery and Play book will be dead.

Please advise What should I do.

B K Chaturvedi

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Blackberry does not charge

Hello bkc41,

Welcome to the forums.

Have a look at this article which may help you out.

BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics

If following the article does not correct your issue then you can try reaching out to direct support by following the information on this page: http://bbry.lv/JRKRGm 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!