Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Blackberry playbook charging?

Hello guys my playbook does not seem to want to charge... When I plug it into the wall a red LED appears for about 15 seconds, then it goes off followed by a red battery icon with a white lightning bolt symbol in the middle of the screen for about 18 seconds, then that switches off and a yellowish green led fades in for about 3 seconds then goes back off and repeats the above process. I have left it like this for hours now, overnight. Still nothing.

I have plugged it into the PC and the Blackberry software detects it and gives an error message saying Blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device, with 3 options retry, update and cancel if I press retry the playbook lights up 5 flashing yellow LEDS. Then the computer does not detect it. If I press update the playbook shows a solid green LED and starts to download and install the software, when it finishes it can't reboot because the LEDS flash yellow again and the computer is not detecting the playbook.

Any help is much appreciated.

Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Re: Blackberry playbook charging?

Another Playbook bites the dust. Must be thousands gone the same way now.  You can try looking at the 80+ pages in the sticky thread.

Play book wont power up or light just blinks             

Unfortunately I have been through that thread and tried everything!!

Every type of stack charging
Hard resets
Holding down the power button
Left on charge for 12-24 hours
Updating/connecting to PC

Thankfully this isn't my playbook I have an iPad where once it dies I don't have to go through all this stress to get it working again!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

I don't think many people, if any, know what causes this. I have two playbooks, which although obsolescent as far as support and OS are concerned, nevertherless have been drained of battery way beyond the warnings by my wife (hmm I think it went bong about an hour ago...) , flattened completely til they shut down, and they just charge up on the rapid desk stand and live to work another day. The important thing is to charge them straight away I think. If they are left days in that state they may well leach any remaining life away in their "black glowing screen" state. That seems to be when they need stack charging or a decent funeral.

The rapid desk docking station charger is a good thing to try if you don't mind losing 20 bucks if it fails to fix it

I just wish the darned things would die so I have an excuse to get an ipad. Nope, just keep on going.....

My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Student

The same problem happened to me so i tryed push the place where the charger enters upwards and it went well...be careful not to brake it...by the way the red battery sign and flashing light detect that the battery is empty and a problem with charging...

New Contributor

So even when I plug it into charge and the playbook reacts by displaying LEDs the charging port could still need pushing upwards?
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Student

That what i did two days later...but when this happened i coiled the charger around the playbook continuesly upwards

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Moudi2910 wrote:

That what i did two days later...but when this happened i coiled the charger around the playbook continuesly upwards

That's because the Usb port is damaged.