Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Public

Blackberry playbook left side speaker rubber out

Hey there, my blackberry playbook left side speaker rubber just got out

I can't put it back in i called customer support and the lady that answered me told that it is not in the warranty.

She Said i Need To Pay 99.99$ just to put the rubber back in.

I got very disappointed .

I was thinking that rim is making good products.

Also The Lady Told Me That i docent Worth To Repair, she tell me to put some glue on but 

How can a glue hold the rubber when there is supposed to be a hole and a tiny part to be inserted in.

Please Help 
Thank you

Ps: i dint buy the playbook, this playbook was given to me by rma because my last one have battery problems .

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry playbook left side speaker rubber out

It sounds like you have very little to lose. Google for "playbook disassembly" and you'll find youtube videos on how to take it apart. Maybe you can put the rubber back in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

You know , that the rubber is extremly thin i cant use my finger any recommandations for tools ?

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: None

I have exactly same prob. I was first told go to best buy from where you bought it. Next time I called was told its not covered under warranty. I don't think its worth spending $100 fixing  basically a bad product that failed in 10 months. I am am greatly disappointed with customer support I got.  

New Contributor

Dont be scared . I asked to talk to the supervisor of the customer service department and she gladly fixed my playbook for me. Now it runs like a charms

New Contributor

New Contributor

I can try again, but from the experience I had would not expect anything good. However it is obvious that the lady i first talked was very inexperienced. I had to explain her 3 times what the prob is