Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

PjL
Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

Re: Blank/ Empty emails sent by Playbook email client

Have solved all my email issues... by dumping the email client and using the browser for Gmail and Yahoo Mail.  Works fine and is reliable, which the email client wasn't.  I'll wait until RIM get it working as well as the BB phone does.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I also faced this issue today using gmail with standard settings. Probably, it happened to me coz i didn't reboot the playbook from last 3 days. from my experience on using it, i hope with reboot everything is going to be Ok. earlier i used to reboot the playbook everyday

Ironically, i was sending a congrats message email to my friend who had bought 3rd generation iPad. That was funny.

Everything else other than shortcomings in email client is good about playbook. It is definitly better than iPad 2. Still happy with it.

But this email client problem is a huge blocker. professional grade playbook is not dependable

I also hate that whever emails you delete from playbook, does not end up in the gmail's trash.

Playbook testing VP / Director should be fired for this. Shame on them.

New Contributor
My Carrier: None

I also faced this issue today using gmail with standard settings. Probably, it happened to me coz i didn't reboot the playbook from last 3 days. from my experience on using it, i hope with reboot everything is going to be Ok. earlier i used to reboot the playbook everyday

Ironically, i was sending a congrats message email to my friend who had bought 3rd generation iPad. That was funny.

Everything else other than shortcomings in email client is good about playbook. It is definitly better than iPad 2. Still happy with it.

But this email client problem is a huge blocker. professional grade playbook is not dependable

I also hate that whever emails you delete from playbook, does not end up in the gmail's trash.

Playbook testing VP / Director should be fired for this. Shame on them.

New Contributor
My Carrier: 514 562 7175

Yup, agreed. And they are dirtying their name more and more everyday with this ridiculous email client. Who would want to buy their phones if this is the quality and support they put into their products.  AND this kills me the most, their competitive advantage was their email, messaging product. OBVIOUSLY this is no longer the case. 

More than the email problems, what bothers me is the lack of acknowledgement,  lengthy / nonexistent fix. I can't even know if they are aware of this massive problem.

I would have called to log a defect but my complimentary 90 day support was inactive. Either they sold me a returned product or some kinda bug.

HELLO ANYONE FROM RIMM ON THESE BOARDS? Do i have to use swear words to trigger a response?

Highlighted
My Carrier: Vodafone IE

Anoying indeed.

But... as an interim solution:

While you are composing the message, swipe on the top to display the menu and change the message to "PLAIN TEXT". That will make the message go through though all your formatting will be gone.

Some html or rich text glitch. Easy to find if BB were doing proper testing.

Best regards.