Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Koodo

Blank Playbook Screen

[ Edited ]

Hi, recently i've encountered an issue with my Blackberry Playbook. Sometimes when I take my playbook out of standby, and when i'm normally playing around with it the screen just goes black. I've had the device for just under a year and it's only started in the past two days. When the screen goes black the backlight is still on. Also when I connect my keyboard the red notifaction icon is still able to be seen in the top left hand corner, but cannot be pulled down. Furthermore when I press and hold the power button, the menu to Restart, Standby, and Shutdown still comes up. When i restart the device it functions fine. To me it seems like a software issue rather then a hardware issue. I'm wondering if anybody has experienced what i'm talking about and/or could enlighten me on what the issue is?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Blank Playbook Screen

The red notification in the top left corner indicates that you have received email.
When you do a restart, the software resets to the beginning and eliminates any glitches. I get glitches after playing games so I normally do a restart . As far as the screen going blank, I have not had that but maybe you have some Android Apps that may be causing the problem, these seem to cause some users some problems.