Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Bell

Blckberry Playbook

Can someone advise of the anticipated battery life for a full battery charge for the Blackberry Playbook?

Is the length of the battery charge the same for the 32 GB and the 64 GB models ?

Do Blackberry Playbook users feel that the 32 GB model is adequate for  most purposes (as opposed to the 64GB model) ?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Blckberry Playbook

The 2nd question get the largest capacity you can afford.

I usually get 10 full hours oen a full charge
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you.
Forums Veteran I

If this answered your questions please mark this as solved. And don't forget a thumbs up.
RWD
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and Torch 9810
My Carrier: LIME

I have the 32GB. Had it since June 1st 2011, and I still have 17GB storage available. I do have lots of stuff on it, including a couple movies. My battery life after almost a year of daily use (battery goes from 100% to 15% and then full recharge overnight) is about 10 hours. And I have bridge and wifi on all the time.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

My son has a 16 gig model and always wishes for more movies on it like I can with my 64 gig

if you really want tons of storage, look at a goflex satellite drive with built in wifi

http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/portable-hard-drives/wireless/goflex-satellite/

Battery life is good, I hardly run it down in a day. I use a dock charger every night so I start the day with a charged battery.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Yes I should have paid the extra 50 GBP and got the 32. There's only about 12GB available of the 16, and once you get less than 5 GB free storage I find it develops problems. I managed to brick it once when I accidentally transferred a large DVD ISO file across whilst copying over some videos and filled it up. Had to call RIM and go through the full debrick as it wouldn't even turn off with all the usual tricks.

You will find you get a lot less battery life if you use it outdoors. That may sound strange but the auto brightness winds up to max in the sunlight, coversely in your evening in front of the boring TV programs you will get more battery life.  Try covering up the LED, or shining a strong flashlight on the LED to see the effect.

Don't get me wrong, Playbook is great!

Thank you.  Your reply is very helpful.

New Contributor

Can you tell me how to check to see how much storage space (in GB)  I have left on my Blackberry Playbook?  I looked for this information under settings, but could not find it.

Forums Veteran I

Select the gear at the top right corner on the home screen. Look under storage.