Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook, 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bluetooth on Playbook will not turn on

hmm...that might explain why it can never keep a wifi connection at my house
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

I also had some problems with my wifi (issues connecting to most wifi, occasional disconnects once connected, and would not connect to WPA2 security ever).  I figured that those issues might be sorted out with an update, but after determining that my bluetooth was totally faulty and getting a replacement, my new one has zero problems with either the bluetooth or wifi, WPA2 connections and all!  In other words faulty bluetooth hardware likely means faulty wifi as well, they are one and the same.

It sounds like you have the exact same issue as mine.  Don't hesitate, pursue a replacement right away.  Good luck dealing with support...  And please let us know how it goes.

My Device: Blackberry 8530 / Playbook
My Carrier: Boost

My playbook will not turn on either... my apps started to run slow before the last update. after the update they sped up again.  Shortly before the update i had a few problems with the Bluetooth not staying connected to my phone.  I deleted bridge on both devices and reinstalled.  everything was fine.  everything worked properly.  about 2 days ago I tried to power down the bbpb, and it froze held that way for 40 mins then the screen blanked out.  after it blanked out I tried to power back on and it's now dead.

there are some software AND hardware issues here.... I'm going to take mine back shortly

My Device: Blackberry 8530 / Playbook
My Carrier: Boost

also file transfer does work... I made it work a few times but now I can't turn it on ... booo

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: sasktel

Same issue.  64GB playbook.  Took it to a friends house, wouldn't connect to WiFi, tried to show him bluetooth - bridge, that went on and off very rapidly.  Took it home, no connecting to anything anymore.

If I have to return this (if I'm even able, I didn't buy it in my home city) then I'll be very mad.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930, Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

I had the same issue... I was scared, after reading all of these posts, that mine was damaged as well. After turning my bluetooth off, when I tried to turn it back on again it would just revert back to the off position. Unlike others on this board, however, I simply restarted my playbook and everything works fine. I never had any wi-fi issues, however...
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. They sent me a package to send it back in. I got the same one back today, and it's NOT fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fmv8eCniy4

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: t-mobil

Mine turn on and shows it is paired to my t-mobile g4 phone but it does not communicate with it. Does anyone on web know how to get it to communicate?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

gobo1222 wrote:

Mine turn on and shows it is paired to my t-mobile g4 phone but it does not communicate with it. Does anyone on web know how to get it to communicate?

It will only work for tethering or A2DP, not for file sharing at this time.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: t-mobil

We'll be patient. Thank you for the reply.