Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Bell

Bookmarks.

I managed to delete my bookmarks in the browser. Can I get these back to be able to access the web on my playbook?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: Bookmarks.

[ Edited ]

Not unless you made a PlayBook backup using the desktop software. You could restore from that if you have one.

I would suggest that you start fresh with a free and very useful app called Sitebook from BlackBerry World which is a bookmarking utility with categories.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/21958921/

I use it extensively now and don't use the bookmarking capability of the browser at all. You can export bookmarks and back them up from within Sitebook.

Contributor

Thank you. I will try the download.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

sschmid wrote:

Thank you. I will try the download.

You're welcome. One thing to note about the app in it's current state is that categories will end up in lowercase even if you enter them in sentence case. Also, punctuation in categories will be removed. The app author is aware of this and will most likely fix this in a future release. Something else is that once you create a bookmark (pressing the + button) you will have to tap on the screen somewhere in a blank area to bring up the save/cancel buttons (or is it delete - can't remember without looking at the app on the PlayBook). Otherwise you might have a moment where you're like, ok, now what...that should get you going.

Contributor

I have tried to download Sitebook. It shows the download, but there is no program in the browser or on the tablet. Don't know what I have done wrong?

Forums Advisor I

Sitebook is it's own app, apart from the browser. When a boomark is created within Sitebook for the website you're interested in, it will launch the browser and go directly to the bookmark you just made. So it runs side by side beside the browser. I will upload some screenshots of my bookmarks...

Contributor

Thank you.

This looks to complicated for me. I think I will give up on the idea of any king of browser. I didn't buy the playbook, so there is no loss.

Kind regards,

Simon