Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Boots only with charger!

My Playbook will not boot on its own. This is what I do and have done,

1-Push power button to start playbook, result, nothing, no red light no blinking yellow/green light, nothing.

2-Atach fast charge wall charger (the one with the magnet), result, red light appears and then within a couple seconds goes out. I wait and a single yellow/green light glows for a couple seconds then that goes out. I wait again and the icon (battery with lightning bolt) appears for a few seconds then goes out. A few seconds later it boots all the way to desktop window. Battery says it is at 80%.

3-While playbook is on I remove the charger and “boom” it goes out. I try to start it again, back to 1, nothing.

4-I remove battery from this non-working playbook and replace it with the battery from a known working playbook.

5-I attempt to start and, and what do you know! Nothing, back to 1, No lights no icons.

Any thoughts?

Oh, done the debrick method several time, so mant time i can do it blindfolded  

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Boots only with charger!

Hey leej,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

It sounds like there is a battery issue with the BlackBerry PlayBook.  I would suggest contacting our PlayBook support team for assistance in repairing.

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Re: Boots only with charger!

Thank you