Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel - India
Accepted Solution

Bride Software for India - Unique issue

I am facing a very unique issue.

Last month, I bought a Playbook for myself from BestBuy while I was on a business trip to States.

I came back in India and found out that BB Bridge app is not available in India

I tried App World and it says, the application is not available in your country.

I called BB Support in US and they told me to wait till the time Playbook gets released in India.

Now today, Playbook has been released officially in India but to my pain, I am still not able to download the Bridge app.

Since it is a Playbook which I got fom US, when I registered it, I understand it is a US Serial no. So every time, I call BB support, the call goes to US and they still dont know anything about India.

I cannot reach anyone in India BB team since my Playbook is registered with a US Serial.

I tried OTA by the links that Sanders provided but they dont seem to work.

I am frustrated since I have not been using the power of Playbook ever since I bought it.

Pls help. I will be very thankful

Sumeet.

Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: Bride Software for India - Unique issue

I have a question for you: When you came back to India after purchasing nd registering your PlayBook in the US, did the region of your Appworld change automatically to India's Appworld store? I know this is beside your point but I'm just curious.

Thank you

New Contributor

No Rutibrom.

On my BB, when I access the app world, it shows the app prices in Indian Rs. while on Playbook app world, it shows in US dollars

I remember, when I booted my playbook for the first time after purchase (I did it in India), it showed only 2 countries - USA and Canada and out of curiosity and anxiety to use it, I went ahead and used US as country and my US office address for support.

I just read somewhere that I must wipe my playbook and do the same process again. This time, they say it will show you India as a country. Shall I do that?

Contributor

You can try that but I'm not sure it will fix it. Bear in mind though that if Bridge is still unavailable on India's App store it won't do you much good. I recomend visiting BB India's Appworld store in http://in.blackberry.com/services/appworld/ and make sure they have the Bridge application before doing the security Wipe.

good luck

New Contributor

Re: Bridge Software for India - Unique issue

Thanks. When I click on http://in.blackberry.com/services/appworld/, it takes me to a page which has 2 links. One for Downloading App World and other for exploring App World. When I click on the one which is for exploring, it takes me to http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/ which shows apps in dollars (again USA site).

Am I doing something wrong here?

New Contributor

Here is more to it now.

I wiped it clean.

When I restarted, it showed INDIA as the drop down under Country. (what a relief!!)

I did everything after that and it did a upgrade as well.

When I opened the app world in PB, it surprisingly showed apps priced in India currency. (again a relief)

But the bridge issue is still not resolved. I thought if I scanned the bride code from PB now, it will take me to India bridge app. But, sorry to say, it did not.

It said again that "It is not applicable in my country"

Pls help.

New Contributor

Finally I am a happy soul. And I am happy that I cracked it all by trying hard and show patience.

Here is the final resolution -

1. Wiped the PB clean. Registered again with India as country.

2. Wiped the BB clean. Upgraded to OS5. (This was a clincher)

3. Bridge was visible now

4. Paired successfully.

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm sorry for not being able to reply.

I'm glad you managed to resolve the issue. Probably you only needed to upgrade your BB since the Bridge app is downloaded through Appworld on your smartphone, not your PlayBook's. But at least now you have India as your default countrySmiley Wink