Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Bridge Browser = "Cannot Download Corporate Files"

I Have ATT, got bridge app through work around, connects great, everything works except the bridge browser.. it gets me up to my favorites, but when i try to access a webpage, pops up: "Cannot Download Corporate Files"... Anyone else getting this message? Is this ATT blocking it?

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 + PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bridge Browser = "Cannot Download Corporate Files"

Yes. I have the same issue. I have a Torch running firmware .45 and the PlayBook running on 1710.

I have the Bridge connection working fine (alhtough extremely slow - tethered is much faster). However, I can use my BlackBerry 9800 to browse and view corporate intranet sites. I can also use it to download PDF files (like price sheets, spec sheets, etc.).

But, I can only view directory structure on the PlayBook when Bridged. If I click on a link to access pricing, for example, I recieve the error message, "cannot download corporate files". I'm a bit puzzled because I thought the Bridge was simply allowing me to view the data connection from the handheld.

The only alternative I can see is to create a VPN connection and use tethering. But, the VPN options do not allow for alpha entries - only numberic. So, I'm frustrated too.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

ib_78 wrote:

I Have ATT, got bridge app through work around, connects great, everything works except the bridge browser.. it gets me up to my favorites, but when i try to access a webpage, pops up: "Cannot Download Corporate Files"... Anyone else getting this message? Is this ATT blocking it?

The bridge browser can only access html pages.  If you try to download a file or view a PDF that is hosted on a web page, you'll get that "Cannot download corporate files" message.  There is nothing in the IT policy on the BES server that allows the BES admin to change this setting.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I am also on AT&T--found the bridge workaround, and all worked swell bridged to my torch.

Today, after plugging into my laptop and dumping some photos onto my playbook, I now find that my bridge browers no longer works!  it gives me back this same message "cannot download corporate files" with any website that I try to go to.

I called the shiny new playbook support line, and they said they've never heard of this.

They had me delete the connection and bridge software, reboot both, and reconnect.   It lost the favorites I had already saved on the bridge browser (so it definitely wiped the old off), but same thing...the browser isn't working and still brings back this "cannot download corporate files" error message.

They said it was probably an AT&T bug and that they are working with AT&T to any day now get the bridge onto the appstore.

anybody else have any suggestions?  I was worried that this was a websense corporate IS issue with my company's exchange server, but now it sounds like potentially an AT&T blockage?

thanks for any ideas.

jdztex