Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 / Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Maxis

Bridge Calendar not synching with device - missing entries

Since the upgrade to OS 2 I have noticed that the calendar does not synch properly.  There are entries on the device (and outlook) that don't appear at all in the bridge calendar.  What is more strange is that sometimes some of them  do...but when the page refreshes (say from waking from sleep) they have disappeared again!

I have updated bridge on both the device (Bold 9780) and the playbook, but no difference.

All the various calendar entries (desktop, gmail etc.) are properly checked off in the device bridge options list.

Starting this as a new thread as I see a number of others have raised the same question some time ago but without resolution...so here's hoping! Smiley Happy

Seriously, any help would be much appreciated.  It's a pain not being able to rely 100% that the info in the playbook calendar is correct.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Bridge Calendar not synching with device - missing entries

Are there multiple calendars on your bb phone. Did you get the bridge update yesterday.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

Hi Aandras.

I do have multiple calendars, but turning them off and just having the desktop doesn't seem to help.

I did download the bridge update.

Funny thing is that events appear in different views.  For example I have an all day event for Friday that appears in the daily view but not the weekly.  Also, the event seems to be there but invisible.  I had an event from 1500 to 1800 on Thursday, visible on my BB but not on the PB.  I then created a new appointment at 1700 on the PB.  The PB reports a conflict with a previous appointment...which is not visible!

Let me see what happens next week!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Did you hide these or make them private.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

Nope. (Actually, I don't even know how to hide appointments), but they are not private.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 and Playbook OS 2.0
My Carrier: ATT

Exactly the same thing is happening to me on 2.1 Beata, so I downgraded to latest official release (2.0.1.358) and observed the same behaivor. Next day, all of a sudden, all entries came back on day and week views. The odd thing was that only Thursday and Friday (that is today and yesterday) were affected. I could add new events to Saturday and later just fine.

New Contributor

Yes, something similar with me too.  It only seemed to be certain days, and now looks like it is behaving properly...for the moment!Smiley Wink

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32G
My Carrier: Bell Canada

The same issues have been happening to me since upgrading to OS2. I was actually in contact with BB support on the phone for over an hour. They advised me to upgrade to the latest version of their desktop software and resync. I did that and voila, the problem disappeared for a short time. The problems  resurfaced when I tried to move one occurrence of a recurring event. The Bridge version on the Playbook is completely unreliable. Come on RIM. Get you act in gear and fix the problem!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

I have a very similar issue with my Playbook calendar not always synching with my Curve 9330.

There are entries on the phone that don't appear at all in the bridge calendar.   When I open the calendar entry on the phone and "save" or "send" it, it appears on the Playbook.  But after the Playbook wakes up from sleep, the entry is gone again.

It's a major pain not being able to rely 100% that the info in the Playbook calendar is correct.

Thanks to all who try to help Smiley Happy