Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook & 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Bridge Connection Drops & Wont Reconnect

Updated bridge to x.93 and latest Playbook OS. Seems better but jury is still out on bridge. Still definitely not happy with wifi. The OS upgrade did nothing to improve the dropping. I have determined that the dropping does come with weaker wifi signals. Having said that, my Bold 9000 does a better job of picking up and holding weaker signals than my Playbook. I read an earlier post -- can't find it now -- that referenced replacing the playbook because of defective radio which had these symptoms. I still have that nagging feeling I have a lemon.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: ICE

have you tried it on different wi-fi to discard that you have a defective unit???

My Device: 9700 + Playbook
My Carrier: Dunno

Had the same problems, did quite a lot of that stuff mentioned above.

The only thing that really helped is removing the battery of my 9700.

Yes, i deletetd all pairings and stuff. no, did not work.

Yes, I removed the battery AND rebooted the playbook,

and yes, it worked again.

I wonder how long the bridge connection will last now...

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: telus

Hi Folks,

I just bought a Playbook, and am having exactly the issues described here. Bold 9700 keeps dropping the bridge after a day or two and won't reconnect. Have successfully rebooted/ reinstalled a number of times but that's hardly a solution.

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Cheers,

P

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook & Torch
My Carrier: Telcel

Can you please share your software versions:

Bridge, Bold OS and PB OS Please.

Have you already tried to delete the bluetooth profiles on the bold and on the PlayBook and connecting again.  And always disconnet by going to options, Bridge and select disconnect, instead of just walking away or turning off bluetooth.

Hope that helps!

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

All,

I am having the exact same issue.

Torch 9800 to Playbook.

All software is up to date. 

I went to the BB Knowledge Base website and it looks like it is a known problem with no resolution other than to reset the devices. Smiley Mad  I have posted the link below.

Problem Report on BB Knowledge

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

OK, well I have the curve 8530 and I recently transfered some files from my computer to a friend's via my playbook........when I got home and deleted the files from my playbook by connecting it to my laptop, ever since I cannot get my playbook to reconnect to my curve 8530 I have tried every suggestion on here, the only thing I haven't done is to do a full factory reset.......and I really would rather not have to do that. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the bridge on both, I have done reboots on both........and nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated and I would rather not have to call customer service about this.

I also think they really need to do something about this problem everyone seems to keep having. This is ridiculous!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: telus

After updating the OS on Playbook in February and on the Bold 9700, the problem has resolved itself. Bridge works like it is supposed to!

Cheers,

P