Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: 8250
My Carrier: Cityfone

Bridge email

When I try to open the emails delivered using the BB bridge the email client on the playbook gets stuck displaying a white screen then black about every one or two seconds. Rebooting doesn't seem to help.

Henry

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Bridge email

The only way to fix this is backing up your pb then doing a security wipe.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
My Device: playbook , pearl 9105
My Carrier: maxis

this happens to me when i tether and bridge at the same time. turn off tethering while bridge...

it works with my pb

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I

I have had this problem since day one. The only fix is a security wipe.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I did the security wipe, then loaded the latest os, followed by a restore. Same result: bridge email flashing black screen then white screen!

Now what?

Forums Veteran I

Security wipe, don't restore app data.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Worked!!  Wonder what app caused the issue?

Thank you for your help!

Dennis 

Forums Veteran I

It is a bad code in an html email, when u restore the app data. You are putting back the back email.
I hope this helps.
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: At&t

When trying to access email on the playbook the screen continues to flash back and forth.  Is there a permanent fix yet?

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900 / Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

I also suffer the problem that only a flahing white screen comes up when I use blackberry bridge mail client on my playbook.

Just to be sure: The security wipe has to be carried out on the playbook, not the blackberry phone, right?