Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: No Carrier

Browser Tabs reloading when switching between them...

Hello everyone...

I am new to the Blackberry universe so perhaps I am doing something wrong here but on the Playbook when I switch between browser tabs I notice that the browser completely reloads the entire page everytime....wasting bandwidth and time...Is their a setting I am missing or am I the only one experiencing this and maybe my Playbook is buggy....or is this normal behaviour on mobile browsers

The biggest hassle is when I am watching a video in the browser and i am part way through...so I pause for later viewing...go to another tab to do something else....then switch back and the entire page reloads loosing my place in the video.....

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Browser Tabs reloading when switching between them...

[ Edited ]

Hey michaelwhyte,

I have done some testing and this is not happening for me. I am using the Playbook on WiFi and using the regular browser not the bridge browser.  I have opened two tabs, one on YouTube and one on a sports site. When switching between tabs I am not seeing the page reload and my paused video is still in the same location.

A few questions will help me test further.

Are you currently running the latest software on the Playbook (1710)?

Are you using the regular browser or bridge browser? 

What are some of the sites you have experienced this on, with this information I can do more testing.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n/a

same here.

my tabs do not eeload.

i am on 1710
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: No Carrier

[ Edited ]

First, thank you all for your replies...always appreciated...

I do not have my Playbook in front of me...but I do believe that this is no longer happening....I do not know if this was because of a recent update of the OS or if the problem was never really there and I was just experiencing some other issue...