Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
kln
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Browser icon missing

I'm not sure what I did but my browser Icon is gone.

The browser will still open if I click a link in facebook, but I can't get directly to the browswer now.

I have read about "debricking?"  but will that wipe out all of my apps I already have on my playbook?  is there another way to find it.  If this were my computer I would just make a new shortcut on the desktop, but I don't really understand how to find things on the playbook.

thanks for your help!!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Browser icon missing

Make sure you haven't moved the browser somewhere else... scroll down in the apps icon panel, or to the right to reveal any additional icon panels.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

It's difficult to delete that icon. Either it's hiding as JSanders ssys or you've been moving icons ffom quick menu to main page and back and accidents happen.

One option is as you suggest create a new shortcut.

Somehow get into browser like click on this http://google.com Then hit the star+. And add it to homepage as "Browser". Move it into the quick menu area.  Voila.

My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

You may have moved the icon accidentally into a folder. try searching for the icon in a folder. At times, icons get lost while trying to move them to another page, if the move wasn,t completed succesfully. The icon reappears if the playbook is restarted. Try restarting the device and check again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Kin, here is a new idea...

Make sure you haven't moved the browser somewhere else... scroll down in the apps icon panel, or to the right to reveal any additional icon panels.

Or as Jarviser said, make sure you didn't accidentally move it in to a folder. Check all folders. Or follow Jarviser's advice to create a new shortcut,.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code