Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: telus
Accepted Solution

Browser options won't open

Just got my playbook, let the updates happen and then I opened the browser, I clicked on the options button looking to set a homepage but nothing happens. It highlights so the button works but the is nothing happening. I read where someone had the issue but received an update and the problem was solved but I have yet to find an update for the browser. Anyone know of a solution or have a similar issue?

THanks

John

f2
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: Browser options won't open

You might want to try rebooting the unit.  On the HomePage is a Power Button, click it and select Restart.  See if that fixes your problem.  If that doesn't you can try pressing and holding all at the same time the Power On button and both the volumn up and down buttons - yup, all three.  I am not sure if that is actually the same as using the Power Icon on the homepage.

Trusted Contributor

So, there was no "home page" box on the 'general' tab of the browser options? I'm not sure I understood...
New Contributor

Tried pressing all three buttons (power and volume) on startup and it didn"t ressolve the issue. The issue is that I can start the web browser and the page is blank (no home page) and if i pull down the menu to open the browser options, I can click on the options button all I want but it woun't open up so that I can program a home page. The button is active cuz it blinks when you press on it but it does not open to anything.

f2
Contributor

Sorry, I was not clear.  That POWER ICON is on the ALL TAB of the PB when nothing is opened (not in the browser).  Also, press/hold those three buttons when the PB is on for about 15 or more seconds.

Also, while I don't have the phone number, RIM provides free phone support for 90 days and maybe they can help you.

New Contributor

Well I finally called playbook support at 1-877-644-8405, they walked me thru a few tests and then finally decided we needed to re-install the software from the beginning. So we wiped the tablet aand reinstalled from scratch. Took about 20 minutes and it was all done and with the updates done the browser now was able to boot normally and the options functions were back.

They couldn't say why this happend just that it seemed to have happened on the first software and sustem boot up.

Issue solved!

f2
Contributor

Glad you got it sorted out.  Quirks with no real reason are a pain.