Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Browser returns: Error: Couldn't resolve host name

same here, another thing that has to go to the fix list soon. I am patient but please, 2 weeks since launch and still no news, come on rim, I expect more from you. Don't dissapoint your loyal customers.
New Contributor
My Device: playbook 32
My Carrier: n/a

So, I have verified the same behaviour WEP on Dlink di524, WEP on Netgear, WPA on Netgear, WPA2 on netgear.  Turning the wireless off and on fixes for about 10 minutes, then it goes again.   Buh-by playbook.  I'll be returning it this week. If it can't keep a wifi session going what the heck is the point? 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Yep.  I'm having the same problem.  I find it occurs when I'm on wifi, then turn on bridge and use one of the bridge applications.  To recover, I need to restart my Playbook.

If I boot up my playbook, bridge is automatically connected, but wifi seems to only stop working if I start a Bridge application.  The browser (not bridge browser) isn't the only thing that stops working; other internet apps and the App World stops working too, even though the WiFi bar shows connection and good signal.

I'll have to try other types of wifi security encryptions when I get and see if it's any better.

I really hope the RIM software guys peruse these forums and pick out some of these bugs.  It'd be nice to be able to contribute to the quality of BB products.

PB software 1.0.3.1868, Bold 9700 

New Contributor
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

looks like the latest OS upgrade took care the internet connection problem. have not lost connection for all week. Happy happy. almost forgot surfing full web could be so much fun.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

For those having problems with wifi, I suggest that you switch your encryption schemes from AES to TKIP.  From what I have seen so far (I believe that the 1.0.3.1868 build) has some problems with the AES when configured with WPA.  I don't have a WPA2 capable access point so I can't test it out.  But from what I have seen and personally experienced on two Playbook, there is definitely something wrong with this build of the update.  Hopefully Blackberry can get it squared away because I really don't want to be using TKIP...

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

on 1.0.7 os and bridge 1.0.4.9 no problems now, at least for me.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: MTN

How do I go about this " AES and TKIP? Stuff ?
bellokeshi