Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Buying Apps

Hi,

I never bought any apps before (not even on my Bold 9700), and I am wondering if you need to buy the Apps again when an update come out

Thank you all in advance

Martin

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

Re: Buying Apps

You might need to download apps again if you do a security wipe or replace your Playbook, but you don't need to buy them again.  The apps are associated to your Blackberry ID.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

What I meant is when the apps get updated, do I have to buy it again, or can I just update it

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Hello you just click the update button and it updates the app i've done that already

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

rat-7 wrote:

What I meant is when the apps get updated, do I have to buy it again, or can I just update it

That really depends on the developer of the app.  Generally, minor updates and bug fixes to the software version you paid for are free (or really just included with the original purchase).  If a new version of the app is released and includes a bunch of new features and/or changes, there may be a cost in updating.  This is usually the same for any software.  You buy a new version of Windows or Mac OS X and then all of the updates for that version are free.  If a newer version is released, there is usually a cost to upgrade.