02-23-2012 10:17 AM
This is my first problem with Playbook. I downloaded the new OS on Tuesday. Now my Playbook will not connect with my PC. I downloaded a the newest version of the desktop software onto my PC and the issue is the same. There is no problem with any of my USB cables as I have no problem charging the unit. There is no problem with the software either as I have no problem with syncing my Blackberry Torch. The desktop software launches immediately when I plug my Torch in, but with the Playbook, nothing happens. I have even tried turning my Antivirus software off while re-booting the Playbook. Nothing works. Help anyone?
04-27-2012 07:47 PM
I uninstalled the Blackberry Desktop Software and the Blackberry Driver Software from my Win 7/64 laptop, rebooted and then installed the latest version I could find, 610_b038_multilanguage.exe. I then rebooted, just in case, and after rebooting I plugged in my PlayBook, which had both WiFi and Bluetooth turned off. The laptop reported that it was loading the driver, which then told me it was going to load 7.0 from the CD (apparently on the new OS on the Playbook, so the laptop could see it at that point). After it completed loading the drivers, both one from RIM and one from Microsoft, it reported that both drivers were successfully installed.
At this point, the Desktop Software correctly reported the Software Version of the Playbook (7971), the correct PIN and it has the correct Last sync and Last backup dates.
The driver loader told me to unplug my PlayBook, which I did and rebooted. When I brought it back up, after rebooting both the laptop and the Playbook, it would not connect to the PlayBook, asking me if I wanted to Retry, Update or Close. Since Update means it reloads the Playbook OS from scratch, tossing everything that was there, I stopped there and closed.
The Blackberry Smartphone driver reported by Windows is 18.104.22.168, dated 6/23/2011.
I have done everything I can think of to get my PlayBook to talk to my laptop, so I can restore all of the data files from the backup that were deleted by installing the new OS. I am about as frantic as I can be and would welcome any suggestions you can think of that might get this working...
04-28-2012 03:11 PM
I downloaded the new (358) software last week and it all seems fine. The first time I connected to my PC to download a file, it installed new drivers and then everything seemed to go fine. It takes about 20 seconds to realise the USB lead has been connected and assign drive Z though. It used to take about 5 seconds previously. This doesn't bother me. I don't have to disable wifi to make the USB work???
04-30-2012 03:40 AM - edited 04-30-2012 03:41 AM
Ooooooh, thank you soooooo much, Lost_at_Sea. It required the information in both the KB articles to fix the problem. I truly appreciate the assistance. You have made my day!!!!
05-01-2012 04:24 PM
I have the same problem as above, every thing was working fine until the software update on the 18th of April. I've tried the KB27204 suggestion. The KB26904 doesn't provide me with a solution as I don't get a "Research In Motion Network Device" under Local Area Connection.
What I get is a failure to install the device drivers. The Desktop manager recognizes that the playbook is attached and displays the correct PIN# but cannot conmnect to it.
05-01-2012 05:10 PM
05-01-2012 05:36 PM
Thanks for the help.
On a 64 bit windows 7 machine I have uninstalled the Blackberry desktop software and also the Blackberry device driver. I've redownloaded the desktop software 6.1 and reinstalled it. I do not have an entry for the blackberry device driver. I've then followed the two KB articles.
In the device list I have RIM network device with an "!" trouble shooting this, results in "RIM network device not installed. Applying fix gives "RIM networkj device doesn't have a driver".
On an 32 bit XP machine that had not previously had any blackberry software installed I connected the playbook. I was then told that the machine could not find the appropriate device driver. I've installed the desktop software on the XP machine and followed the KB articles. I have the same issue on the XP machine as I have on the win7 machine. The computer cannot find the device driver.
The OS on the playbook is 22.214.171.1248