Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: The original, high priced Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

COMPENSATION

Has blackberry offered any form of compensation to losers (e.g. People like me) who paid hundreds of dollars for their BB PlayBook, back when it first came out? I'm almost embarassed to take my playbook out in public for fear of someone asking how much I paid. I can buy 3 more tablets for the price I paid for the first one. What a slap in the face!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

Re: COMPENSATION

"Has blackberry offered any form of compensation to losers"

Why would they, you paid the price it was then, you thought it was fair price otherwise you wouldn't have bought it.  Has any car manufacturer offered you compensation because you could have bought you car cheaper somewhere else, No didn't think so.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: COMPENSATION

This can be said of all gadgets: they depreciate quickly. Even the average price of an iPad 2 has almost halved since it's introduction, around the same date PlayBook was released.

On the other hand: the PlayBook hardware is still relevant. While Android tablets introduced at the same time are now all but obsolete and even the iPad 2 hardware has been replaced twice, the original PlayBook will still be able to run BB10 and all the newest apps just fine.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands