Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: TIM italy

CalDav google calendar issue

Hello to everybody,

I have an issue with setting up google calendar with playbook. Last week the google account in the native calendar app didn't work, it was impossible to edit events and to update the agenda. Trying to remove the google calendar account and to re-insert it I obtain this error message, well-known from Z10 comunity:

Ati this time the www.google.com/calendar/dav/myname@gmail.com/events server is unavailable and your calendar account can't be added..

I have a free user account where activesync seems not work anymore.

It's owrth to notice if I try reach the address https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/mionome@gmail.com/events thorugh my playbook native browser I'm able to download the *.ics calendar file! (please note https not http)

I have read tha Z10 users have solved this problem with new firmware update.... Any ideas to solve this frustrating problem??

Playbook was the perfect agenda for me... 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: CalDav google calendar issue

Hello alessio2100 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue adding your Gmail Calendar to your tablet.

What software version does your tablet have installed?

Are you following the steps in KB33093 to add the account? 

Dose your Gmail account integrate under Email and does the Calendar show as an option to sync? 

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hello HmthePirate,

Yes I followed the same steps listed in the provided web link without success. Google calendar worked very well since last week... And yes the calendar is shown as an option to sync..

What can I do to overcame this issue? I'm reading that a lot of PlayBook users are experiencing this problem with google calendar. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Are you able to add the Gmail account using the Email setup and enabling the Calendar sync?

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

The problem seems to be solved by itself!! The calendar now syncs properly.. 

Other PlayBook users have recently reported the same behaviour, now all it works as if by magic..

Thanks for your time

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: --

[ Edited ]

Just to say, I've been having this problem for about a week or so, now.

Adding / recreating my gmail account works, and mail and contacts sync correctly - but the calendar refuses - it's the only one of the three sync items that repeatedly fails to connect.

I've also seen several threads on the crackberry forums with people complaining about the problem?

edit: and just to say I've followed KB33093 on setting it up as a caldav account, ticked the show password, and double checked it all to ensure it's quite correct, and it fails in a very similar manner: "Acccount Gmail - <my email address> - <my email address> failed testing with current settings.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I am also experiencing no CalDev connectivity to Google.

I also tried to remove and recreate the account and setup of the calendar fails with "Account account@gmail.com failed testing with current settings." I've verified the settings I entered on PB are correct and my Google Account are working with a desktop CalDev client.

New Contributor

And after two days of properly works, the calendar doesn't work again!! When I open the calendar native app and i try to add e new event nothing happens... In addition if I try to edit an event it doesn't sync with the cloud calendar.. In other words the problem is come back again!!

My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

My google sync will only sync changes made on laptop to phone. If I add appointments on my phone it doesnt update my laptop. Then next time I add something via laptop it wipes the entris made on my phone.

This is on z10 os 10.1.0.273