Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Calendar and Contacts

kamranata wrote:
1) ya you are right, i did not do the complete reseach before buying it, and that is a mistake.
2) nobody questioned the use of this forum..that it is from the the people helping people.
3) thanks fir reminding that these apps are the PART of bridge and not native, which exactly is the problem .
4) why are you trying to defend RIM, and trying to prove yourself the great grand master here? this is my opinion and i wrote so... trying to find the solution to a problem which renders the playbook useless without bridge to blackberry smartphone.

if you do not have the solution, just let somebody else say something and you can keep your sympathy for RIM to yourself.

I am not defending RIM.  Just ststing my opinion as well as you are stating yours.  There are those that help.  Your post gives your opinion.  I just stated fact.   

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook - Torch
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

thank you... your help is appreciated.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook (WiFi)
My Carrier: Verison

Thanks to all the replies.

I did not mean any of the original post as a rant, but rather a solution. I know sometimes the obvious is overlooked and sometimes is the most difficult to do.

I purchased the Playbook basically on the reputation that BlackBerry has and seeing other people use the calendar and contact app(s) in their phone. I was not able to see a Playbook at a store, they did not have a display model available, I guess that does mean that I did not do my due diligence, oh well.

I would like to know which app(s) would be best for those tasks. I do not have a BlackBerry Smartphone, therefore, I cannot use the bridge function, I do not have a smartphone of any type.

Thanks again for the replies,

Birdy1

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: .

birdy1 wrote:

Thanks to all the replies.

I would like to know which app(s) would be best for those tasks. I do not have a BlackBerry Smartphone, therefore, I cannot use the bridge function, I do not have a smartphone of any type.

Thanks again for the replies,

Birdy1

Same as you no Smart Phone etc. Solutions I am looking at until update in Feb is maybe using the Google On-line calendar by creating a webpage with the calendar code embeded and then view from Browser - can be updated from PC or PB via your Google account.

Create Basic calender using the Sheet or Word to go Apps is another option.

or create a JPG or GIF and use as wallpaper with a month per image or just an image of a Full year Calender as the image if you just want date layout

or just wait until Feb (image of new Calender App ???)

http://blog.gsmarena.com/a/showpic.php?sImg=/11/11/bb-playbook-apps/gsmarena_003.jpg
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook Tablet
My Carrier: AT&T

In my case, Playbook was a gift, so no, I did not research it. If I had, I would not have bought one. I am dissapointed to find the only thing it really offers is a larger screen and flash. I find the available apps to be sorely lacking and not being able to use it without my Torch turned on, well that just sucks.

I find it very difficult to access RIM to obtain advice or offer suggestion. To me, it seems the ability to sync contacts and calendar, allowing it to stand alone on wifi, would negate the need to cart the laptop for travel. Additionally, a standard USB port would allow use of a flash drive to access a printer for documents and such.

I went directly to RIM website and followed the link to "contact us". Ten minutes later I received an automated e-mail telling me that my meesage had not been delivered, that I needed to go to the forum site and direct it to the proper catagory.

Seems the only place you can find customer service anymore is in the dictionary.