Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB and a Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Calendar and Email Accounts

The Calendar doesn't create separate catagories of my various email accounts.

Ok, new 4G LTE PlayBook, latest OS 2.0.1.668.

I created three IMAP email accounts and they all function properly.

Now isn't the Calendar supposed to create a seperate catagory for each email account so that I may organize my activities by email account?

Right now it only gives me the "PlayBook - Local" catagory.

It also isn't saving entries I try to add.

Stumped.

My favourite show: BB10, The Next Generation.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Calendar and Email Accounts

[ Edited ]

Yes normally they are in by default ad colour coded. Did you set up the accounts to sync calendar and contacts as well as email?  Do the email accounts you are using have calendars on the web version? 

Really, you have a 4G Playbook??  Is this problem only when running on a SIM or on Wifi or both?

[ Edited ]

No, these are just plain old email accounts: no calendar, no contacts. I don't like to keep that kind of information on someone elses computer. The problem exists whether it's on SIM, Wifi, both, or none. 

Thanks, Rob

P.S. All my entries were and are being saved, so that problem never actually was a problem. 

Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

If you have not set up the accounts to have contacts and calendar sync'd from email accounts online because you don't want that info up on the webmail servers, then you will not have the information shown on the PB email app fpr each address.  The only one you will have is local.

Good luck backing up local contacts and calendar, I have never managed to back up app data so far, maybe my bad.

I am sure any other feedback on the LTE Playbook will be welcome here.  Knew they were announced, didn't know they were on sale. 

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

I am sure any other feedback on the LTE Playbook will be welcome here.  Knew they were announced, didn't know they were on sale. 

So far it is only available in Canada

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Forums Veteran I

rat-7 wrote:
So far it is only available in Canada

If I were to sell devices with a SIM in there I would not lock them to particular provider. Even if they came here to UK and even if we ever get 4G masts, I may need to wait til my provider does the deal, if ever.  When therefore would I ever get to buy one? 2 years time probably.

Then again I don't run a business so what do I know?...

Unlocking it wasn't hard, but you do need a SIM card from the service provider you intend to use. If you get HSPA+ (what they are calling 4G, but I consider to be 3G+) in your area, then the radio set performs quite well; better then Wifi through an HSPA+ Hotspot, or Bridged to an HSPA+ phone like the Bold 9900. My most common use is HSPA+ and I only get LTE when I go into the city, but I'm very impressed with its performance even at the lower speeds.