Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Tablet
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Camera App - Not Working "error.4003"

Hi!

Can you please help me. I would like to know how you went about speaking with someone in technicial support??

I would like to send in my blackberry tablet to have the same problem fixed.

Your help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Sarah

Contributor
My Device: Playmate
My Carrier: Streamyx, Digi

Hi pbduck,

Can you let me have a copy of this changed procedure?

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry® Customer Support.

Please be informed that if a software reload has been done and issue still persist, there might be an issue with the tablet's hardware component, thus, you might need to send it on our service center for RMA (if device is still within the manufacturer's warranty period and if the device is already out of the manufacturer's warranty period, you might need to bring it to any local third party stores/service centers near your location)

We have determined that your device is outside the warranty period. We regret to inform you that we will be unable to proceed in processing the RMA for your BlackBerry PlayBook.

For further options and support, we have a number of self service options available at www.blackberry.com/playbookgettingstarted

This ticket will be marked as resolved. Should you need to follow-up, please reply to this email including your ticket number, 27405679, in the subject line for reference.

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry.

Sincerely,

Joshua

BlackBerry Customer Support

www.blackberry.com/support
Visitor
My Carrier: Glo

I have same problem and I have tried all solutions above but it's still not working. I bought mine in the UK but I am resident in Nigeria. What can I do?

Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

if you want to have a tablet that takes pictures buy another brand or buy a camera .. BB does not care .. or you can pay BB $200 to fix the camera problem they caused .. nice right !
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

pbduck wrote:
if you want to have a tablet that takes pictures buy another brand or buy a camera .. BB does not care .. or you can pay BB $200 to fix the camera problem they caused .. nice right !

how do you know for sure they caused it?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i just read a post on crackberry claiming that replacing the camera card can fix it

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/camera-error-4003-picture-720772/

ebay has them for less than 20 dollars, if your handy with taking one apart then maybe its a fix you can do for cheap

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Carrier: None

I have the same problem with my PB and replaced the camera with one purchased on Ebay. The replacement did not resolve the problem.  Rather than complain about the poor support from BlackBerry regarding the common camera issue, I looked at other tablets. Why spend $200 to repair a poorly designed tablet that now has very little support or any decent apps, and not use this money to purchase something newer? The days of the BlackBerry Playbook numbered. My PB is just too slow and full of issues/bugs so my purchase of the Galaxy Note solved all this.

Time to move on people!

My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I've been having the error 4003 picture for quite some time. I was wondering if I should just send it in for repairs. 

I have gone to best buy need squad. And the guy said I should. Just want input from others who have has a problem...

Contributor
My Device: Playmate
My Carrier: Streamyx, Digi

What is the cause of the problem?It is hardward or software problem?

What is the cost of repair?

Will there be a recurrance?