Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Sun Cellular

Camera Error 4003

I had this Camera Error 4003 and the screen goes black. I have no idea what to do. Is there any other way than reformatting it or repairing?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Camera Error 4003

Hello. Some user have experienced the same problem. I recommend doing a hard reset. See this thread for more information. Let us know if it helps:
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/help-camera-error-4003-a-792659/
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Sun Cellular

have already done that hard reset and the security wipe thing... yes, everything has been back to normal except that **bleep** camera.. Smiley Mad what shall i do?

T^T help me pleeeeease. I'm from the Philippines and I do believe that there isn't any existing customer service here in our country.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

badechi wrote:

have already done that hard reset and the security wipe thing... yes, everything has been back to normal except that **bleep** camera.. Smiley Mad what shall i do?

T^T help me pleeeeease. I'm from the Philippines and I do believe that there isn't any existing customer service here in our country.

...so as you tried the two important recovery stages, then like 99/100 of these 4003 errors it's a hardware failure. Repair or replace.