Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Student

Camera not working

Hi...my playbook's camera stopped working suddenly...it says error.4003 picture while taking a picture and error.4003 video while recording a video...how can i fix this problem?(it never fell,i was just using the camera and after closing and openning it again this error happenned)
Super Contributor
My Device: Nexus6P/iPhone6 Plus
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Camera not working

Here's a thread about that same issue.  Many are indicating it may be hardware related, HOWEVER some have had success with a simple reset.  Have you tried rebooting the device?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Camera-App-Not-Working-quot-error-4003-qu...

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy
Contributor

Re: Camera not working

I didn't try that...i'll check if that works
Contributor

New error with camera

Contributor

TWO ERRORS WITH THE PLAYBOOK

[ Edited ]

First,the error 4003with a picture or video has been gone suddenly but still can't take photos or videos,when i enter the camera app the screen changes to big black,white and grey stripes with nothing else ,the same in video mode but the sound is recorded but no video,just stripes.Second,the blackberry world,messages and contacts are gone and everything else i try to put on the small bar on the homescreen,when they were gone the playbook placed a note saying invalid array index and these things where gone...i need a quick reply telling methe ways to get the apps back and fix the camera...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: TWO ERRORS WITH THE PLAYBOOK

[ Edited ]

....oops browser crashed - again....

My Device: Two PB's

1. Error 4003 is hardware. Needs repair shop but not financially viable.

2. Icon loss, follow Workaround advice at  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33078

i followed the link provided in your reply about the icon loss and did the workaround....bur all the original icons found in the playbook have disappeared...is there any link to download them or anything to do other than the one on the link which made the rest disappear...iam now using boat mini browser on playbook which is so bad...

Contributor

playbook erased

my playbook was etased after 10 unsuccessful attemps to provide the password and after the erase their was nothing on the screen except the browser and setup...where to bring the other stuff like camera and pictures and videos and others....

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: playbook erased

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V