Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Can We Create New Categories and Folders?

I hate having all of my apps piled up in the "ALL" category.  Can we create new categories such as "Business Apps" or "Education" in order to stay organized? If not can we at least create folders within the existing catefories?

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook and 9900
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Can We Create New Categories and Folders?

I read a response to a similar question yesterday on this forum. The BlackBerry tech said it is not an option right now but you can choose your favorites and have them show in the favorites section. Maybe folders will be available later. Enjoy the new tablet I know I am.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Thanks... I am enjoying it.  I waited a LONG time for it!!!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

It's unforttunate we have to wait for such a fundamental bit of functionality, but that's life on the bleeding edge.

--Bryan

My Device: Bold 9700 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Any word on whether this will be addressed any time soon?

I must admit, having all your apps in one "All" category is rather cumbersome to maintain.  It would be nice to...

- Be able to create our own categories to move apps into

- set the maxium number of apps per page so that there is not a huge long scrolling list to maintain.

Rubens

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

see info on FileManager app and others. Cannot create root folders but can create subfolders under documents, photos, downloads etc
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

While you c an certainly create folders for storing docs and what not on the disk, many of the basic apps ignore these structures, which is most annoying. The PDF Reader, for example, or the video application..

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I put related apps on different "pages". You can drag the apps to a new page to the right.  I currently have 7 (seven) pages of apps. You access each page of apps by swiping to the left.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

My 7 year old son showed me his idea, I have a bunch of people that love his lay out and impressed a kid could figure this out.

IMG-20120713-00117.jpg

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V