Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 64 gb
My Carrier: O2

Can not connect my PlayBook to tv

Hi, I need help I can not get my PlayBook to connect to my tv. The tv. Can see the hmdi connection, but my PlayBook shows no sign of being connected.I have tried 2 hmdi leads on 3 different tvs with no joy. What can I do?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: Can not connect my PlayBook to tv

steveb01 wrote:

Hi, I need help I can not get my PlayBook to connect to my tv. The tv. Can see the hmdi connection, but my PlayBook shows no sign of being connected.I have tried 2 hmdi leads on 3 different tvs with no joy. What can I do?

I can imagine you have followed these steps?

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB26503&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

This article describes how to use HDMI video on the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet.

To setup HDMI viewing on the BlackBerry PlayBook, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the HDMI cable to both the BlackBerry PlayBook and output source (TV, monitor)
  2. On the BlackBerry PlayBook, navigate to Options > HDMI
  3. Ensure the output source is turned on and configured to use the correct input

To mirror the BlackBerry PlayBook screen to the output device, set Default to Mirror Mode to On. Setting Default Mirror Mode to Off will allow for a separate image to be displayed on the BlackBerry PlayBook and output which is useful for giving presentations.

By default, audio is passed through the HDMI cable to the output source. To route audio through the BlackBerry PlayBook speakers, ensure HDMI Audio is set to Off.

If the video on the output source is not displaying correctly, please consult the manual for the output source to determine the display modes it can support. The BlackBerry PlayBook can then be configured to use the correct mode by setting it in the Display Mode option.

New Contributor

Yes I have tried all the set up ,but the tablet displays "no connection". Even though the tv sees the hmdi is connected.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

I am just speculating because it's impossible to troubleshoot a port issue remotely without being there in person. But, is the port physically damaged? Has it been used successfully before? Did this just happen out of the blue? Did you buy this device second hand? Do you have a warranty still in effect? See where I'm going with these questions?

If the port has been damaged by inserting the microHDMI cable incorrectly, then chances are it won't be warrantied if indeed you still have some in effect. If this was working successfully once before and it doesn't now, I would deduce that somehow the port was damaged by improper use. If this was purchased second hand, then it could be that the other party damaged the port and sold it unbenounced to you. Of course it could simply be a faulty port...it does happen so if you have a valid warranty with receipt proving purchase, then call BlackBerry's telephone support and see what they could do for you. Tell them that you followed the steps as laid out in this thread and see what your options are. There is a good chance the telephone call might cost you however so have your credit card handy if it's not within the first three months that you've purchased the device (during that time, calls to telephone support are free - outside of that, they cost apparently). 

New Contributor

Thanks for that,I have bought it recently front a company on ebay. It's supposed to be brand new and never used. Ihave asked for help from them, but they are not willing to do much, so that's why I came to the forum. I have looked at other posts on the subject and some say wipe the unit and try again, but I was not sure if I should do it.  I will call blackberry support tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I

[ Edited ]

steveb01 wrote:

Thanks for that,I have bought it recently front a company on ebay. It's supposed to be brand new and never used. Ihave asked for help from them, but they are not willing to do much, so that's why I came to the forum. I have looked at other posts on the subject and some say wipe the unit and try again, but I was not sure if I should do it.  I will call blackberry support tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks

You are welcome. I wish you the best. Wiping the unit to factory condition is a last resort. There is no guarantee that it will do anything except waste your time. I would definitely call BlackBerry support and see what your options are. They might guide you through the steps of factory restoring the operating system too. I would wait and see what they have to say.

Is there a way you can return the device to the ebay seller? Chances are, if they're not being helpful or returning your communications as mentioned that you might want to escalate this through Ebay's conflict resolution http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/ and lodge a complaint. One way or another, it's worth it to ensure that this seller doesn't do this to other people. That's what I would do anyhow.

It would be helpful to others following this thread if you post a follow-up outlining what Telephone Support mentions to do.

Thanks and good luck.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Plahbook
My Carrier: Virgin

The driver is defective and not recognized.by newer tvs. It.played fine until the latest update but According to. Friend who works for BB they have known about this for a long time and didn't even inform their own telephone support people, they need to fix or update the driver and they won't until they decide if there going to continue using supporting the devices at all or release a new model. Bastards, we're all just get out to dry