Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Shaw

Can't access HGTV.ca videos on Playbook

How do I access videos on hgtv.ca's website? I just get a black screen in the video area, even though the arrow switches to "play."  I have no issues with this on my PC.

Please help!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook Wi-Fi 16 gb
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Can't access HGTV.ca videos on Playbook

Having the exact same issue here! HGTV.ca works great on all my PCs but won't play on my Playbook. I used to be able to access the site on my Playbook without any hitches. Other streaming sites work like a charm.

I've tried everything: clearing browser cache/cookies, hard reboots, security wipes, trying different browsers.

Sorry I don't have an answer, henwstab, but wanted to weigh in; you're definitely not alone!

At a loss for what else to do, so appreciate any suggestions!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

This is not the first time I have had problems with the HGTV website and with the larger Shaw TV offerings on the web. Right now, I can get to the web pages for say Hammerheads or Holmes on Homes and get a commercial to play and then once that is done, I get an error message saying that the video is not available and the player goes to the next one on;y to repeat the error message.  I have not tried the website on my laptop today so I can't say if this is a PlayBook only problem or not.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I have never accessed HGTV.CA before. I just clicked on their sites and watched one of their videos for 5 minutes without any problems on my PlayBook.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lost_at_Sea:. Do you remember which video you played?  I tried the ones for Holmes on Homes and Hammerhead again and kept getting the same result "video not found".  That was a Shaw message by the way and not an error message from the PlayBook.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
New Contributor

There is NO error message, just a black screen.  The "play" arrow switches to indicate that it is playing, but there is nothing at all happening. No error, no message, just black. 

I am able to play videos on CTV.ca with no problem.

Trusted Contributor

@henwstab:  Can you point me to a specific video or program title you can't play?  There are too many for me to choose from to test them all.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I was watching the one where some woman was purchasing an old place to fix up as an investment property.
Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

I watched Canadass Handyman Challenge. Took forever to start but it played.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I was trying to watch Relocation, Relocation.  Here's the link to the specific episode: http://www.hgtv.ca/relocationrelocation/video/season+7/inyang+and+gregor/video.html?v=1527955767&p=1...

Thanks if you can figure this out - and good luck!