Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

Re: Can't access HGTV.ca videos on Playbook

[ Edited ]

@henwstab:. I just tried out your link and the video started just fine.  Apart from a lot of pauses for buffering (due to my "lite" connection at home), I am not having any problems with this episode.  Since I can't reproduce the problem, I will leave it to others for their suggestions.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lost_at_Sea:.   I found out something interesting about how HGTV is set up.  Shaw owns it and does not seem to have integrated web pages and functions very well.  When I tried the link provided by the OP, it sent me to a different video playing site than the one I had arrived by clicking on the links from the HGTV web page.  I had no problems playing the video at the link.  Just out of curiosity, I tried accessing the videos I tried unsuccessfully to play yesterday from the start point at the link provided by the OP.

Well, what do you know, the videos for Holmes on Homes and Hammerhead played just fine.  I also noticed the page layout was quite different.

The only other thing I can think of that may be causing problems for the OP is that ShawConnect inserts commercials in videos. Sometimes I get videos that stop or won't go until those commercials play.  If the commercials fail to load, for whatever reason, I get stuck with a black screen and nowhere else to go.  Clearing the cache, closing the browser, relaunching the browser and reloading the page typically gets me to the start of the video again and I can't advance to the point where the video stopped playing.  That is why I don't bother much with ShawConnect's offerings.

In the end, I don't think the OP''s problems have much to do with the PlayBook.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Must be the cr???y website. I even got an error message telling me "This video is not available in your country ". I'm in Shaw country. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Shaw

Thanks for trying! 

Trusted Contributor

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache, closing the browser, reopening the browser and then going back to the video?

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook Wi-Fi 16 gb
My Carrier: Telus

Not sure about the OP but I have tried all of these troubleshooting steps and then some (security wipe, different browsers). No matter what, most videos on HGTV do not work on my Playbook. They do, however, work on all other devices in our house.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Playbook browser is the champion when it comes to incompatibility. Pray BB10 is better