Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Can't connect PlayBook to *my* WPA2 wifi (D-Link Wireless N Router) - very frustrated

Thanks for this fix.  I have had no end of trouble connecting my PlayBook to my router but manually setting up a connection worked.  But, why do I have to do that?  I have multiple PCs, multiple iPad, iPod, Apple TV, Netbooks etc that connect instantly and never forget.  Yet with every aledged enhancement for PlayBook I have the same WIFI pain over and over.  And WPS?  That has never worked.

Thanks again and RIM, please hire someone with Grade one networking skills.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Z30

Re: Can't connect PlayBook to *my* WPA2 wifi (D-Link Wireless N Router) - very frustrated

This is a good solution.  Solved my issue as well.  This should be fixed in the PB OS.

Thanks for sharing

New Contributor
My Device: 32GB Playbook

I was having the exact same issue.  I could connect to wifi at work just fine but every time I'd come home I'd have to go through a whole routine of rebooting the modem (and the playbook) and pressing the WPS button to get it to connect.  I started going racking my brain to see if I could remember making any changes just before the issue started happening and remembererd that I had installed an app that had gone kind of buggy the night before the issue arose and I hadn't deleted it.  I deleted the app and voila....no more wifi problems.