Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Can't connect to App World on Playbook and Tablet says my ID and password are incorrect

I'm generally happy with my 64Gb playbook.  However, I'm a trying to check for updates with the playbook tethered to my Blackberry smartphone and it won't connect - I can use email, internet etc.  When I press payment options and it displays my ID and asks for my password - even though all the entered infor,mation is correct, the playbook says it isn't.

What is wrong with the Blackberry system?  I have already reset my Blackberry ID password and can assure any tech staff here that all the information entered is correct.  The problem must be with Blackberry.

I would like Blackberry tech staff to sort this asap as inability to use the playbook tethered to the Blackberry makes the whole thing pretty darn useless for the purpose for which I'm assuming it was designed - being mobile!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Can't connect to App World on Playbook and Tablet says my ID and password are incorrect

Hello richardghawley

Sorry to hear about your issue. 

In order to use the BlackBerry® App World storefront on the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet you require a Wi-Fi® connection.  Have a look at the following knowledge base article for more information. 

Requirements to use BlackBerry App World on BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Hope this helps. Have a good day. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!