Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't connect to home wi-fi

When I try to connect to my home wi-fi, it says "Associated to network" when processing, then an error message appears: "Unable to authorize against the network". What does this mean because I get it sometimes on my Torch 9800 too.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Can't connect to home wi-fi

If you have a wireless security setting in the router of WPA+WPA2 change it to WPA (PSK)

My Device: 8530 Curve
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Similar thing here.

Trying to set up this farking thing and just about to take it back and get an iPhone.

But let's try this one last time.

I'm in setup mode. I'm at Connect to WiFi. Says Currently Connected to and then it lists the name of my Wi-Fi connection.

Now, I have to be absolutely clear here. It says Currently Connected To

I go to next screen where I'm supposed to enter my country, etc. Error box comes up and says "Unable to connect. Please try changing your settings."

I press the "Settings" button. It takes me back to the connection screen, where it still says, Currently connected to..."

So one screen it's conencted, another screen it isn't, and I can't continue the setup process.

I've been at this for, literally, hours. Any and all help is gratefully appreciated.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

You sound like you are from Baddeck. Google the following BlackBerry Knowledge Base articles. KB29211 and KB26096. Maybe they will provide some insight. I have had my PlayBook for a year and it was a batch to get it running. Eventually after a week I redid my network from scratch and it has worked great since.
New Contributor
My Device: 8530 Curve
My Carrier: Bell

Screw this. I don't need, nor have time for, this painintheass.

Nor should I have to search high and low through Knowledge Base articles to get the **bleep** thing to do what it's supposed to do right out the box.

I've been a supporter of RIM and Blackberry, swimming against the iPad tide.

No more. I'm done with it. Buh-bye now.