Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook OS Version: 2.0.1.358
My Carrier: Century Link

Can't delete a picture from an album

I have a group of pictures in my tablet photo album  from another source(email and got downloaded) but none of them cannot be deleted.  Also, I cannot transfer these pictures to my laptop.   However, the pictures I took  with my tablet, they can be deleted.   I'm confused.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Can't delete a picture from an album

Install AIR Browser (other file managers are available) and use it to look in Downloads folder. Use it to move stuff from Downloads to the photos folder.

My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

jarviser wrote:

Install AIR Browser (other file managers are available) and use it to look in Downloads folder. Use it to move stuff from Downloads to the photos folder.

Jarviser's right. Try a file browser. Here is the direct link to the one he mentions: appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/43867/

Another question, what application are you using to manage the photos on your PlayBook? Is it the stock picture viewer?

If you're more adventurous you can get yourself an app called ES File Explorer but you need to know how to sideload Android apps. The app is incredibly powerful and if you don't know what you're doing, you can mess things up on your PlayBook. Long story short I will post the link http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/blackberry-playbook-business-and-productivity-apps/?did=186 but it has the ability to help you manage all kinds of things on the PlayBook.

You'll have to do some research on how to sideload Android apps on the PlayBook but YouTube is full of videos that will walk you through things and where to get other software you'd need.

The reason I'm even mentioning the Android apps at all is that depending on what piece of software you're using it may affect where things are physically stored on the PlayBook (file save path). For example, some software stores pictures and videos on Android's /sdcard/AppNameFolder. If you didn't realize where the save path was located, you'd have a tough time finding the files themselves on the device let alone try and delete them or mange them. Chances are some images are located in the Downloads folder, but the ones you take from the device are stored in the Pictures folder on the PlayBook. Using a file manager should help you move things around and ultimately get you back on track.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, I already downloaded the AIR browser.  Now, how do I transfer my photos into it?  In the FileManager app on the Homescreen of the tablet, I cannot remove the photos I mentioned about.    They are from a completely different file that a family member emailed and it automatically turned into its own Album in the tablet Pictures app.  I didn't even download those pictures, the tablet did that on its own while I viewed the photos. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I already understand about the images of the File Manager and can delete the ones I took with my tablet. However, I cannot delete the ones that are in a completely different file in the  Pictures app.  

Regular Contributor

I checked up on goodereader.  Very complex.  I can't even download the app.  What I can't understand is the complexity of Blackberry Playbook and how all  these apps that needs to be downloaded to facilitate transfering of files, etc.  I can't even transfer these photos anywhere from or in another file on my tablet.  In the future, whenever someone sends a load of photos, I'll just view them on my laptop. 

Regular Contributor

I found the photos in the AIR Browser, but I cannot delete any of the 16 pictures.  I click on the image(small thumbnail) and there's a list of what to do with the image---to rename it, etc.  So I click on the delete tab, then a box appears to confirm or cancel.  I click on the confirm tab.  Nothing happens.  The images is still there.  

In the AIR Browser I noticed the Android file.  I had to click on that in order to find those images I wanted to delete. 

I had to email those images to myself in order to get them transfer out of my Playbook.  Anyhow, thanks for your help.