Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Can't download any apps on my playbook

I downloaded the new update os 2.1.0.1526 on my playbook the other day and now I can't download any apps.  The different apps ask for permission to access the playbook.  I had no problem before I downloaded the update.  I've tried changing dates, hard reboot, and disconnecting and connecting to my wifi.  Nothing seems to be working.  I can search the internet with no problem.  Can anyone help??

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: EE

Re: Can't download any apps on my playbook

Sorry to here of your problem, how do you do a hard reboot, I have lost the browser and appworld  and the calculor since my upgrade.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Shirley,
The APPS require use of other files on the PlayBook in order to function. If you deny them permission, they will not install. If you give them permission, they should install. If at a later date you decide to cancel the permission, you can do so and the App will stop working. Go to settings, tap Security, Tap Application Permission.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Leechalmersstevens,
Tap the battery icon in the top left, tap restart. If this does not bring them back, try holding the Stop button down for 20 seconds. Wait a minute then push the red start button down again until the red Led flashes. Release the button and give it about 4 minutes to reboot.
New Contributor

After you go to Security then tap Application Permission I see some apps there.  What do I do to give the other apps permission.  I don't see any options there.   What else do I need to do?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Shirley2 wrote:

After you go to Security then tap Application Permission I see some apps there.  What do I do to give the other apps permission.  I don't see any options there.   What else do I need to do?

go back to the application in app world.   redownload the application and accept or approve the permission when asked 

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

It is very important you make sure the Playbook ID is properly set up. After making OS updates this sometimes has to be done. You can find the ID menu in the Setup area.

If the ID is properly set up, you may have to do a wipe and then re-establish the ID. If the OS did not properly update it will have to be re-installed.

Jerry G.
New Contributor

I went to my settings, security, applications permission and checked some the apps listed there, clicked the different content settings, and then the Blackberry ID box came up and I entered my ID.  After that an "Athorization" came up and did it's thing.  Then I was able to reinstall my apps.  Don't really know what happened but it's working fine now.  It never did that authorization or did the Blackberry ID appear there before.  I'm very happy it's working again.

Thanks for your help.