Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Virgin

Can't recharge Tablet or connect to PC

Hi. My Tablet was working up to yesterday and now I can't get the plug into the socket to either put on charge or connect to my PC. The little plug just won't go into the socket properly. I have not misused it or let children play with it. What can I do now?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't recharge Tablet or connect to PC

That happened to me last week and I noticed that inside the port on my playbook part of it was bent down which would not allow the plug to go in.  I very gently used a wooden skewer and bent it back to the middle, that seemed to do the trick.  I have had no problems with it since.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Virgin

As I've only had mine since January I am afraid to tamper with it in case that invalidates my guarantee. I have tried to gently ease the plug into the port but have not been successful. I think I will have to go back to PC World with it. Thanks for replying.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Make sure you are inserting the plug in properly. The RIM logo goes to the top (screen side ). Do not attempt to use chargers from other electronic equipment.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

During my travels last week my PlayBook began acting tempremental regarding charging and PC connection. When I got back home I sprayed some contact cleaner into the USB socket. That only seemed to provide a slight improvement, from almost no connectivity to a little depending how tightly I held the cable. Then I went out and bought a new USB cable, but that has not helped at all. In fact both cables (original which came with tablet and new one) both work fine with my BlackBerry 8900 phone, so the cables are not defective. Similarly whether I use the PlayBook charger or the BB charger, I must balance the tablet upside-down on the plug in order to keep the juice flowing.

My diagnosis is that my USB socket is somehow dying, or possible the circuit board connection behind the USB. In either case the only remedy I could guess is to swap the whole tablet device. My family bought it last July 2011 as a birthday gift, so it should be in warranty although I'm unclear about where to take / send it and I'll be without it for a while. Further I'm concerned that the replacement might fail similarly after my warranty period expires, and I'll be left with nothing eventually.

Forums Veteran I

Dnadeluk,
What country are you in?
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Live in UK but only here for another week before off again on LONG business many weeks.
Forums Veteran I

Here is RIM Support for UK
Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
UK Support) 0800 096 2805