Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: BellAliant

Can't set up second email account

Hi: I have two email accounts - university and personal. The personal is a POP account and I use yet another email account for SMTP it it doesn't block Port 25 - suppose I could use gmail for outgoing. Everyting works as it should for it is plain vanilla and I don't have need for Push.

Then try to set up the second email account which is IMAP. The first few times it likes my IMAP account part but didn't like my SMTP for I forget to insert the correct SMTP password. Hadn't remembered that PB thinks it will be the same password for both. Finally got it all sorted and hit save. The little green circle goes around for ever and no account gets set up. Switched off, restared the PB and tried again without mistakes this time!

Little green circle forever. Sigh.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Donald

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Can't set up second email account

Go into mail settings, delete the offending account (you won't lose anything). Reboot the PlayBook and then reinstall the offender again. Try it, might work.
Regular Contributor

Hello Lost at Sea: There is nothing to delete for the PB never gets around to setting up the second account.

it almost feels like two strikes and you are out!

After all my efforts I only have one working account.

Thanks.

Donald

Regular Contributor

PB is a little strange! I deleted my POP email account then set up the IMAP first. Worked perfectly. Just for fun I deleted accounts and retried original order. Failure. Weird!

Then I found that PB doesn't like "transmitted insecurely" passwords. Had to use SSL with SMTP. Yet my laptops connect OK with insecure passwords. Talk about steep learning curve.

Donald

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

BlackBerry is all about Security!