Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9810, BB Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Can we not Pause while recording Video??

My PB 32GB records very nice video.  However, when recording my son's ball games, I'd like to be able to "Pause" during "Time Outs" or "Half Time", etc.  Nonetheless, there does not seem to be a Pause button or any way to simply pause and then re-start the video.  The only option seems to be to Stop the video (eg during half-time), then re-starting it.  One would then have to edit the "pieces" together to make one whole video.  This sucks!!  Any help or suggestions?  Blackberry, RIM, are you Listening?  How about a firmware/software update?!

Also, what gives with the really crappy file management in the photo albums??!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Can we not Pause while recording Video??

[ Edited ]

Good idea. If Tarrantino had used the pause button instead, he might have made Pulp Fiction with the scenes in the right order.

Pesky editing software. 

By the way don't know how long your games last but at 720p the max is 1 hr 5 mins approx, and at 1080p it's 33 minutes.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 447848458932

Re: Can we not Pause while recording Video??

No you can't pause. the only thing you can do is create a few short videos and then merge them together to build one video in 'Story Creator'