Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: Playbook Tablet
My Carrier: Rogers

Cannot Connect To AppWorld Server

Been trying for hours to update three installed apps which keep failing with above message. Other times it claims it needs WiFi, which is already connected. I can browse, get e-mail updates and confirm I have the latest O/S.

This has been the case over several tries during the past month and I'm tired of wasting time on this POS device I paid full price for. Isn't it bad enough that my RIM shares are down 89% from book value?

As much as I hate Apple, my iPad2 has worked flawlessly, whereas I've reinstalled the BBPB O/S three times to get over headaches like this.

Tried changing date to 2014, disabling and re-enabling wi-fi settings, with multiple reboots. Tried synching with BB Desktop on my notebook, only to find that MyWorld on PC insists I have a PB password. So I put one in, rebooted both devices and it says I got it wrong - three different P/Ws.

Even tried changing AppWorld payment info from PayPal to Amex, but won't accept my Ames card (Canadian funds maybe?)

Looked everywhere Google pointed me, finding smarmy comments like RTFM instead of help. Must I pay RIM for telephone support to get a solution, as cannot find a KB entry to try anything else?

How about another wipe/restore of 121 apps -- is this the only way.

When the POS says there's no WiFi while fetching e-mail and browser pages I smell a defect!

Developer
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Cannot Connect To AppWorld Server

Some network carrier blocks appworld so I suggest you to use vpn and check