Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sasktel

Cannot Download "Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus" properly

This game is cited as a free gift to playbook users to celebrate the release of OS 2.0.  it shows up in my app world, but when I go to download it, the download progress bar sits constantly fully green (showing 100% downloaded) and the progress skips all over (ex. 1GB/400MB, 771MB/400MB, 596 MB/400MB, 4GB/400MB...... etc, etc).  anyone have any ideas whatsoever as to what is going on here?  To try something differently, I have gone into the appworld library on the blackberry website, found the barcode and scanned it.  it then pops up saying that it's not available for my device model...  Have re-booted and tried over. No Luck.  It is obviously available for my device model...... it was made for my device model... Thoughts?

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Cannot Download "Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus" properly

I got an error too, might be server is busy, I am going to try a few more times.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Carrier: Sasktel

I never recieve any kind of error, the download is just very strange when trying to download.  no idea if it actually is downloading....if i cancel it and go back in, it asks if i want to re-install it, but it never was installed.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

took me 6 tries with errors of 0004 and I got it downloaded and installed

my guess is app world is busy today or possible your connection to the server (or one of its hops) is preventing it at the moment

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700 Bold

My download works fine on my playbook but I am stuck on a certain level and there isn't a help button or anything?

Wondering if I am going to have to restart the game right from the beginning?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

I was able to get the game as well, but i can not do anything else but spin on myself, i see the guy going out of the house, and i see the arrow at the top, but i can not make the guy move, i am stuck there, even tapping the arrow does nothing.

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I am having the exact same problem on my PlayBook as the original poster.  I have tried at least a dozen times.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

I think I am the lucky ones. I had no problems to download the game.  And I have fun with it. But was stuck in a level which going down on a elevator,  need to restart the mission and stay alive safely pass that point. Otherwise will just stuck again at that point. 

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

UPDATE:  I actually got it to work.  I just let it keep going when it was cycling the 1GB/2GB/4GB messages.  I went back later and it showed that it is installed.