Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Wi-fi, 64GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Cannot add or edit calendar events on my Playbook

My first post as a new member...

This is literally a brand new Playbook. The set up routine, software update and addition of my Rogers and Gmail accounts went well. BB Bridge was a minor problem with my BB Curve but I'm able to send and receive e-mail and there are synced items appearing in the calendar.

I have read the PDF manual and watched the 'How Do I...?' video for adding and editing events in the Playbook Calendar.  The suggested sequence, 'Tap the date then tap the 'Add' icon simply doesn't work.

I get no page for adding an event, nor do I get the 'edit' or 'trash' icons seen in the video and/or described in the PDF manual.

Does anyone else have the same problem?  Or a solution to this one?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Playbook, 64GB, Wi-Fi

Blundering Newbie
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Cannot add or edit calendar events on my Playbook

[ Edited ]

Never had that problem. Can't replicate it. 

Usual things to try are a simple restart. Or if no help, delete the email account that syncs the calendar, restart, and add it back.

I've tried the re-start option several times. I'll try deleting the e-mail accounts and re-installing them. Thanks for the quick reply.
Blundering Newbie
Highlighted
New Contributor

Following up, I eventually did a data wipe of the PlayBook and started from scratch. After downloading and installing the OS2 upgrade I've been slowly adding back the e-mail accounts, calendars and contact lists. So far things are alright.
Blundering Newbie