Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
01-03-2013 09:02 PM
The HELP file says:
Rename a folder
Tap and hold the folder title to enter edit mode. Enter the new folder name.
Playbook 32 gb... what a neat machine! They did a beauuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful job on its design.
However, do you see the HELP FILE instruction above? Well...it doesn't work. I can "tap and hold" the folders I created on the homescreen (which contain more than one icon or app) all day long --- and all that happens is that the folder blinks. Some kind of edit box is supposed to pop up but it doesn't.
Baffled in Ontario.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-03-2013 11:30 PM
Hey, not that I'm a genius but I just solved my own problem that I posted....
It's like this, for anyone else who couldn't figure this out (the USER GUIDE must think we're all pretty smart... However, the USER GUIDE just doesn't go far enough to explain how to rename a folder.
PROCEDURE TO RENAME A FOLDER CONTAINING more than one APP (ICONS):
1) TAP AND HOLD the folder until it starts blinking.
2) WHILE IT IS BLINKING, TAP the folder and go inside it
3) Now you will see that the folder name sits on about a 1" (one inch) long, greyed tab. This looks just a little different than when you normally just TAP a folder and go inside to activate an app (you don't see this 1" greyed tab when you do this).
4) PRESS FIRMLY THE NAME OF THE FOLDER THAT SITS ON THIS ONE-INCH LONG GREYED TAB (do not "TAP") FOR JUST A MOMENT ---- THEN TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE SCREEN.
5) VOILA! The edit box appears. Now rename the folder or cancel this action.
01-03-2013 11:44 PM